This is a fjord cruise on a big catamaran, that includes searching for whales, from late October to end of January, some of the world’s biggest whales visit the coast outside Troms to feed on herrings.
The catamaran has comfortable seating inside for up to 146 guests as well as spacious decks outside on two levels for excellent viewing and photo opportunities. There is a kiosk on board to purchase hot expedition meals, snacks and cold drinks.
Season: Daily from 26 October 2019 to 31 January 2020 (subject to whales)
What to bring: Warm boots, hat, scarf and mittens
What is included:
• Scenic transport by comfortable catamaran (Up to 3 hours one way)
• Safety instructions
• Knowledgeable English-speaking guide and host
• Local history, nature and culture
• Short documentaries and presentations about the whales and the eco-system in the Arctic
• Thermal winter suit and life jacket
• Hot coffee, tea and biscuits
• Hot expedition meals, snacks and cold drinks for sale onboard.
Duration: 5-7 hours
Level of difficulty: Easy. Family-friendly.
Number of guests: 8-146
*Please note that whale sightings cannot be guaranteed.